Swim with the Fishes
Visiting RumFish Grill on St. Pete Beach, FL just got even cooler. Locals and area visitors can now take the plunge into something totally unique by signing up for the “Swim with the Fishes” program at the all new destination restaurant located at the Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort. The first group of swimmers will make a splash on July 1, 2014.
Swimmers, ages 8 years old and up, will have the exclusive privilege to experience what it’s like to snorkel in the 33,500-gallon tank built by our friends from Animal Planet’s hit show TANKED.
The “Swim with the Fishes” program is led by the experts and our partners from Secrets of the Sea. Their mission is to enhance the public’s understanding of the value and fragility of the marine environment through research, education and personal experiences.
“We’re excited about the opportunity to educate the public about these amazing fish and guide them through an experience that will leave them with a deeper appreciation for our local marine life,” explained Zach Ostroff, curator of Secrets of the Sea. Zach earned his M.S. in Marine Biology from Nova Southeastern University and will be one of the main guides for the in-tank excursion.
Whether you’ve only snorkeled in the local swimming pool or you’ve dove the tropics, you’ll love the experience of swimming in our tank with over 30 species of fish; all of which are indigenous to the Gulf of Mexico! Some of those fish include a nurse shark, a green moray eel, tarpon, amberjack, cobia and snook.
Whether your Florida local or planning to visit the St. Pete Beach area, we encourage you to call and make your reservations for this activity as soon as possible because space is VERY limited – and that’s what makes it so special! The fee for the program is $35 plus tax per participant. For information call (727) 329-1433 or ext. 3531.
To make reservations or learn more about our “Swim with the Fishes” program please visit SwimWithOurFish.com
Here’s a sneak peak at the experience through the eyes of one of our TradeWinds Island Resorts staff members, Jason D’Angelo:
• Ages 8 and up.
• Children 8 to 12 years old must have parent or guardian participating in the program.
• Space is limited; a maximum of 4 swimmers at a time in the tank.
• No previous training certification required.
• Read our Swim with the Fishes FAQ – Here
Please visit www.SwimWithOurFish.com
• Programs are held Tuesday – Saturday at 10:30am and 2:30pm and on Sunday at 10:30am, 11:00am and 2:30pm
• Report to the RumFish Grill atleast 30 minutes before your scheduled experience. Failure to arrive on time may result in exclusion.
• Participants will be divided into 4 groups and given 10 minutes to swim. Guests must allow for 1.5 hour total time as group times are randomly selected.
WHAT TO BRING
• Swim trunks or shorts must be worn by all persons.
• Underwater/waterproof camera (wrist strap required or float attachment)
• Sense of adventure
WHAT NOT TO BRING
• No jewelry of any kind is permitted in the tank.
• Your own equipment (due to contamination and animal safety).
• No food or drink in exhibit area.
• No body lotions, makeup or oils on your skin.
• Consumption of alcohol prior to program is not permitted.
All participants must stay on the surface of the water at all times. Snorkel vests are required and prevent participants from descending below the surface. This program is operated with the highest standard of recreational diving activities. Our open-water lifeguards are on hand and are trained in CPR, first aid and emergency oxygen administration. For your safety, swimmers are not permitted to touch or feed the animals. We do require that all participants be comfortable in the water and should have some experience using a snorkel. All participates must sign a waiver prior to the swim. If you or anyone in your party has special needs please inform us ASAP to learn what accommodations are available.
WHERE TO GO
RumFish Grill is located at:
6000 Gulf Blvd. St. Pete Beach, Fl. 33706
Book Online at: www.SwimWithOurFish.com